Providing Ministry of Defence organisations with the latest IT and communications technology is an essential component of both fixed and field operations around the world.
Like most industries, aerospace and defence are keen to attract and retain the best quality personnel. Providing users with state-of-the-art solutions, both for day to day tasks and the business of protecting citizens from global threats, is key to securing the best talent. ONI works in partnership with leading defence contractors to help them design and develop solutions that meet the exacting needs of the modern MOD user. We have also invested heavily in ensuring we maintain security cleared personnel to deliver remote on on-site support when necessary.
Aerospace and Defence Industry Challenges
- An ongoing focus on infrastructure consolidation, with the aim of reducing capital expenditure and minimising the impact of budget cuts
- Security clearance and vetting of qualified technical staff to enable access to sensitive or secret locations/information
- An increased demand for public accountability and transparency of expenditure
- Shared infrastructure programs designed to deliver cost savings and greater efficiency within a reformed defence ICT strategy
- Management and monitoring of big data applications with an emphasis on user authentication and systems security
ONI Solutions for Aerospace and Defence
- Delivery of advanced mobile and collaboration technologies, helping to improve communication and process efficiencies
- Secure, agile and flexible. Cloud-based infrastructure, delivering IT-on-demand at a predictable, utility-based cost
- Maintaining a roster of BC, SC and DV cleared CCIE engineers to expedite the design and deployment of complex network solutions in secure environments
- Self-service solutions to offer enhanced, multi-channel engagement
- High-capacity electronic storage, archiving and retrieval of documents to assist Big Data analytics