The chancellor outlined plans to “fully fund” NHS England’s Five Year Forward View; which details a mandate to deliver a fully-integrated health and social care system. A core component of this plan is fully digitised patient records, available at the point of care.
The rising demand for digital patient services comes during a period of sustained public sector cost cutting. However, with government promising to ring-fence NHS spending, the impending investment in technology is seen as a way to reduce long-term operational expenses.
ONI works with trusts across the NHS to provide reliable, flexible and cost-effective IT solutions; enabling the delivery of critical services to both staff and patients. As the role of technology within the healthcare sector expands, it becomes a major influence on the way service providers communicate and deliver clinical services to the community.
Healthcare Industry Challenges
- An ongoing commitment to eliminate delays in patient care, shorten the length of stay and reduce costs through process efficiencies across all parts of the NHS
- A security-first approach to data protection, ensuring the integrity and privacy of patient data at all times
- Provide patients with access to the best medical experts through remote or mobile diagnosis, wherever they are
- Enhance collaboration across geographically dispersed teams through better sharing of resources and clinical information
- Instant access to patient records and medical information – anywhere, any time and on any device; whether in a clinic, operating theatre, visiting outpatients or providing emergency care
- A legacy of outdated and incompatible systems that are difficult to manage and impact negatively on the overall patient experience
ONI Solutions For Healthcare
- Make quicker decisions about patient care with instant access to digital patient records through reliable network infrastructure and connectivity
- Enhanced patient and visitor experience with advanced call-handling, routing and interaction-on-demand contact centres
- Improve communication with remote clinicians, other trusts and agencies through secure, real time file sharing and collaboration solutions
- Enhanced network security; including encryption of patient data as it passes across public and private networks
- Reduce hospital waiting times and free up beds with mobile and remote working solutions to take healthcare in to the patients’ home
- Integration of clinical, operational and back-office systems to provide both efficiencies and improvements in the overall standard of patient care and communication