Local authorities remain under pressure to meet the rising demand for public services. Set against a backdrop of central government austerity, councils are seeking new ways to mobilise their workforce, drive collaboration, maximise productivity and improve access to services while keeping costs under control.
The automation and digitisation of government services has, in part, been driven by a population that has become increasingly IT literate. Citizens have become accustomed to an excellent user experience on their device of choice.
Our public sector team have more than 20 years’ experience of working with local governments to provide technology solutions that accelerate the delivery of services to citizens, improve operational efficiency, optimise costs and drive innovation in a secure environment.
Local Government Industry Challenges
- Future proofing technology to meet the needs of today, but scalable and flexible to meet the changing demands of tomorrow
- Meeting the demands of an IT literate customer base who expect the same level of access and experience they get from consumer applications
- Delivering seamless customer service experiences across multiple devices, using multiple operating systems
- Reducing total cost of ownership by deploying applications within a virtualized environment.
- Integrating new communications technologies into legacy IT infrastructures at a pace that suits public sector budgets and timescales
- Provision of collaborative and performance improving mobile applications whilst protecting sensitive data.
ONI Solutions for Local Government
- Reduce operational costs through the deployment of virtualised infrastructure, desktops and applications
- Enhanced customer experience with advanced call-handling, routing and interaction-on-demand contact centres
- Deploy enterprise mobility and collaboration solutions to enables employees, suppliers and customers to communicate anytime, anywhere and on any device
- Adopt Cloud services and IP communications to minimise the requirement for on-site hardware; reducing capital expenditure and improving resilience
- Upgrade legacy IT systems to consolidate suppliers, improve systems management and balance agility, availability and performance
- Enhanced data protection and security with encryption of sensitive data, both at rest and in motion, multi-factor user authentication and remote device management